The welding degree program is designed to provide students with sufficient knowledge and skills necessary to become a successful pipe welder. Content will cover v-groove welds in flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead positions on both plate and pipe steel. Theory will be augmented with hands-on laboratory instructions.
Upon successful completion of the welding degree, the graduate will be able to:
• Demonstrate cutting skills required in the operations of various welding processes.
• Apply industrial field safety techniques in the operation of various welding and cutting processes.
• Read and interpret blueprints for welding professionals.
• Prepare groove welds in the horizontal, vertical and overhead positions on both plate and pipe steel.
• Non-technical courses in the program will focus on improving student’s business, communications, math and social skills.